This tutorial compares the lists of contacts, also known as mailing lists.
A mailing list is a collection of the contacts' details, including the email addresses. When you are ready to send your email campaign, you will send it to one or more mailing lists. Therefore, a good mailing list is a key to successful email marketing.
Comparing contact lists is essential because it helps avoid adding the same contact to mailing lists more than once. With the help of this tool, you can compare the newly created contact list with ALL the lists in your organization.
Here we will also cover how you can manage the contact lists in the Compare Lists dashboard.
Let's see how it works!
In the navigation menu on the left side or top of the page, click Leads - Compare Lists.
How to Compare Mailing Lists
Click on Compare and follow the instructions.
1. Add the name and click Next. In this example, the name for the new list is Comparison List.
2. The email field has been chosen for comparison.
3. Depending on what you would like to compare, you can choose any list as the source list. We want to compare against ALL of the contact lists in this example.
4. Before you use this tool, the new mailing list you would like to compare should be in the Manage Lists dashboard. !Please refer to the tutorial Manage Lists to learn more! OR you can add the list now by uploading it.
5. After clicking on the Finish button, the Comparison List is added to the Compare Lists dashboard. The Comparison List is the result of comparing the new list (in this example, the Merge List) to all the mailing lists.
How to Check the Results of the Comparison
Click on the View Lists under the Action tab to view the comparison results.
A window will appear, displaying two lists: the Source List and the Comparison List. And we can see that the two contacts in the Comparison List are also found in the Source List.
The tool allows you to view the results by selecting the desired option. For example, you can view duplicates and unique contacts in either the source or comparison list. In addition, from the drop-down menu, you can select what columns you would like to display.
For example, Unique (Comparison) shows no unique contact names in the Comparison List, which means that all the contacts are already in the Source List.
The Duplicates (Comparison) lists the contacts already displayed in the Source List.
How to Manage Compare Lists Dashboard
Under the Action tab, click on the three-dot button. The following list of functions will show up:
Edit - changes the name of the list
Delete - removes the list
View Lists - looks at the comparison result.
In this tutorial, you have learned how to compare the lists of contacts.
Thank you for being with us!